We’re happy to update you on the technical progress of Kylin’s MVP development in this Kylin Oracle MVP special. We’ll also highlight some updates related to other parts of the project.
The Minimum viable product (MVP) of the Kylin Oracle is widely reported and is currently being reviewed by the Substrate Builders Program and the audit from other 3rd parties. However, to build out the completed version of the Kylin Oracle, the existing tech team assembled a to-do list of what needs further development to have a fully developed Oracle.
1. Kylin Oracle — Highlights
1. Design documents https://github.com/Kylin-Network/architecture_docs
2. Kylin MVP demo version contains
1. Different parachains can be accessed
2. Feed data and read data
3. Documentation and examples — to be added (to be developed by kylin-toolbox)
3. Kylin To Do
1. IPFS stores meta
2. The contract calls oracle
4. Kylin In-progress
1. Charge issues, economy, etc. (low priority)
5. Submit the deliverables directory to the GitHub warehouse collator
1. Design Documentation
2. Resource Documentation
3. Test docking document (to be developed by kylin-toolbox)
6. Short-term development plan
- Support JSON path from data source support (multiple data sources can be customized) 11.30
- Quickly build oracle verification environment through docker-compose 12.02
1. docker-compose up
- Develop kylin-toolbox oracle function faster verification tool — in progress — 12.15
1. kylin-toolbox test init-kylin-oracle
2. kylin-toolbox test verify-kylin-oracle
- Full oracle functionality is live — 01.10
- oracle dashboard
- backend development — 12.25
- api and design docs
- backend implementation
- Launch rococo
- frontend development
- Overall online
- Call Oracle through ink contract — N/A
Kylin’s Latest upgrade: Kylin finished its code updates, upgrading its substrate pallet to polkadot-v0.0.30 Parachain contributors via proxies like Bifrost received their rewards in PCHU during November technical efforts.
Federated and Decentralized Parachain Oracle System: One of the final acts of our outgoing Tech Lead, Sylvain Cormier, was to create the FDPOS. This group comprises of over 35 team members from over 30 parachains interested in a parachain oracle system. A post was published on Polkadot Forum to this effect.
Technical Update Contributors: After the departure of Kylin’s Tech lead, the November and future technical updates will be worked on by the existing team of developers. This will entail the progress each developer made during the month, with relevance to key highlights that advance the technical progress of Kylin Network.
About Kylin Network
Kylin Network strives to be a composable and configurable multi-level oracle infrastructure built as a Polkadot parachain, for the democratization and delivery of accurate data on time, at a reliably low cost. Kylin hopes to offer a way for chain-agnostic APIs to serve data according to service level agreements (SLA) that the consumers of this data will be aware of.
Data source compatibility beyond price feeds will bootstrap a free data market. This will allow market demand to determine the direction of the innovation of a feed, its price, and supply. With dynamic NFTs & SFTs, Kylin’s ongoing development will innovatively tokenize data streams that democratically will be accepted on the Kylin Network.