Welcome to another weekly community update aimed at communicating Kylin’s project development in terms of technical product development, marketing, events, and collaboration with other projects in the Dotsama ecosystem and beyond.
Kylin intends to continue communicating with our most loyal and energetic community as we develop and flesh out a working Oracle to serve the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystems and other chains like Ethereum in the near future. This effort takes time, as the technical team commits to working hours, and the rest of the team collaborates and makes pertinent connections to ensure Kylin’s relevance and success in the web3 space.
DOT Crowdloan Rewards Distributed: Over the past weekend, many of our enthusiastic community members who supported the Kylin Parachain auction by contributing to our crowdloan might have been surprised to receive their rewards. It was a pleasant surprise that was well-received by the community.
Also, the early-bird reward for the first 10% of DOT contributors was distributed in the wake of the new week. So, check your substrate-based wallet for your DOT crowdloan reward for those who probably haven’t gotten the memo.
If you have difficulty accessing your DOT native KYL, contact any of the Kylin community admins for assistance.
Pichiu Airdrop Reminder: Last week, the team behind Pichiu, Kylin’s Canary Network, announced details of the upcoming PCHU airdrop. The airdrop is designed to incentivize long-term Eth-KYL, and certain steps were implemented to ensure users get their rewards.
Each user’s amount of PCHU will vary depending on the amount of KYL held by a user, which will be guided by the formula 0.034 PCHU per KYL. So, the more Eth-KYL you hold, the more PCHU you stand to receive.
From now until Oct 22, 2022, all users must complete the onboarding process of having their Ethereum wallet where their Eth-KYL is held, handshake with a substrate-based wallet, where they hope to receive their PCHU tokens. The process takes no more than 2 minutes and can be carried out on the designated website.
Partnerships: Since our last weekly community update, we have announced three partnerships with progressive projects within the Dotsama ecosystem.
- Kylin x Equilibrium: We partnered with Equilibrium to start a Kylin team for their upcoming Closed Beta where the Kylin community as a team will compete with other projects, utilizing the closed Beta developed by Equilibrium, and in the process, users can win up to $40,000 with of EQ tokens. Read more about the partnership here.
- Kylin x Ruby: This strategic partnership between another member of the DeData Labs is instrumental to the long-term vision of the projects. Ruby Protocol, a privacy-centric web3 data management platform, is Data focused. This ecosystem partnership will enforce privacy for users, provide fine-grained access control and establish a private payment network.
- It is one that both projects are excited about, and you can read more via the announcement published early in September.
- Kylin x DeData Salon: Kylin Network was a proud sponsor of the DeData salon in Berlin as part of the Berlin Blockchain Week. Kylin’s Tech lead, Sylvain Cormier, had an exciting presentation about Kylin Network being a Federated Oracle for Parachains in the Polkadot and Kusama ecosystem first, then for the multi-chain shortly.
Events: Team Kylin is dedicated to promoting its brand first among the Dotsama community, then to the broader web3 community. It takes initiatives, ideas, and collaborations to carry out these activities effectively. We have two initiatives coming that Kylin hopes to maximize in pushing the Decentralized Data narrative and Kylin’s role in it.
- Token2049 Singapore: Team Kylin will fly to Singapore for Asia’s biggest web3 event, Token2049. Kylin’s COO/CMO already confirmed he would be representing Kylin at the event, where he hopes first to connect in-person with Polkadot projects, then projects across various chains-promoting Kylin in the process.
- Kylin x Polkadot Insider Twitter Spaces AMA: To further promote Kylin in the Polkadot community, we’re teaming up with our friends at Polkadot Insider for an exclusive Live AMA on Twitter Spaces, where the community is welcome to ask questions that are Kylin-relevant for some time.
There is also a reward pool of 7500 $KYL for the best five questions asked during the AMA. Please refer to this Tweet to learn how to participate, and use this link to set a reminder ahead of the Twitter Spaces, so you don’t miss it.
Polkastart Promotes Kylin
Polkastarter covered some of our exciting announcements last week. First, the weekly community update is featured in their weekly report tweet thread. They also did a special for the Berlin Blockchain week of exciting projects and teams to meet, where our sponsorship of the DeData Saloon was featured.
Please read all about it in this tweet thread.
Kylin Mentioned as Top 5 Oracles
Kylin Network gets mentioned as one of the top 5 Oracles below $6M Market Capitalization to watch in September 2022. You can read more about the post here.
Kylin In a Class of Its Own
According to a tweet published by Polkadot Insider, Polkadot Parachains were categorized based on what they’re offering to the ecosystem. Kylin Network can be seen as slowly taking the parenting role of Polkadot’s Oracle project.
With the minimal viable product (MVP) in the final stages of its development, exciting times are ahead as we continue to build out a federated Oracle to support Dotsama parachains.
Kylin Network strives to be a composable and configurable multi-level oracle infrastructure built as a Polkadot parachain, for the democratization and delivery of accurate data on time, at a reliably low cost. Kylin hopes to offer a way for chain-agnostic APIs to serve data according to service level agreements (SLA) that the consumers of this data will be aware of.
Data source compatibility beyond price feeds will bootstrap a free data market. This will allow market demand to determine the direction of the innovation of a feed, its price, and supply. With dynamic NFTs & SFTs, Kylin’s ongoing development will innovatively tokenize data streams that democratically will be accepted on the Kylin Network.