Kylin Network Monthly Report #1
We hope you had a lovely Christmas with your loved ones.
Approaching the end of 2020, we feel it is a proper time now to do a recap and present to you what we have accomplished in this fruitful December. With this monthly report, we want to bring you up to speed on what is new in Kylin Network’s development in technology, partnership, community building, and team expansion.
- Amended rocksdb compilation problems;
- Attempted to achieve a new method with Off-Chain Worker;
- Adjusted pallet introduction mode;
- Tested the on-chain pallet realization of user data;
- Added extrinsic feature to achieve the manual realization of on-chain data;
- Fixed POST request issues when calling OCW Proxy API;
- Dealt with the problems of API interface invocation;
- Set up API calls;
- Followed up on the progress of Parity’s contract interaction development and code merge.
- Completed Oracle contract development and testing;
- Followed up on the chain extension feature development of ink!, contract support, and the interoperability of pallets;
- Fixed Oracle data on-chain signature issues;
- Compiled the doc connecting kylin-node and polkadot.js apps;
- Optimized the process in which OCW collects external data, allowing users control over the API of the collectible data;
- Fixed on-chain signature issues, funnelling external data to the blockchain.
- The current development has moved to the near end with compilation undone, which includes 1, structure design doc 2, demo implementation doc 3, docker Image.
- Dec 2rd: The @Kylin_Network and @riodefiofficial joint interview and partnership where Kylin Network will assist the RioDeFi team in data feeds management using its data analytics solutions containing a query engine and REST Server, and later serving external analytics tools;
- Dec 4th: Kylin Network joined Polkadot DeFi Alliance, forming a platform for this budding community to express its opinions in a strong, unified voice in support of the Polkadot DeFi ecosystem;
- Dec 7th: Partnership with @tidaldefi was announced where, in addition to providing decentralized price feed oracle services for Tidal Finance, both teams are also working together on validated data feeding and analytic use-cases;
- Dec 13th: Kylin Network established a partnership with @deficliq. For Deficliq, the partnership will result in having a further layer of security and accuracy for their financial services, so users can refer to a higher level of trust and reliability of underlying asset prices.
- Dec 16th: Reef Finance partners with @Kylin_Network to access reliable on/off-chain Oracle data on DeFi Platform;
- Dec 23rd: Kylin Network partners with @Plasma_Pay in exploring innovative ways of monetizing and using data associated with a decentralized data economy operating on Polkadot.
Since the launch of Kylin Network, we have been in discussion with many blockchain/crypto veterans, and along the way we are privileged to see our name mentioned in multiple news, articles, forums, reports, and tweets.
To list a few:
- EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum Report on Oracle Comparison
- Yahoo Finance on Data And Cloud Technologies Helped IT Giants Stay Afloat This Year
- Entrepreneur on 3 Lessons From the Summer DeFi Boom
- Cointelegraph on Blockchain-based voting systems have potential despite security concerns
- Hackernoon on Making Sense of Price Oracles in DeFi
- Bitcoinist on Kylin Launches Oracles to Protect DeFi Against Financial Data Manipulation
- Benzinga on Kylin Network Launches Trustless Data Infrastructure For DeFi And Web 3.0
- And a lot more kind tweets.
- The majority of Kylians gather in our Telegram official group, in which specific community rules are laid out and enforced.
- We have also begun an official “Kylin Technical” group on telegram in advance of our public testnet. This will be a public venue to engage with more technically-oriented discussions and questions and will be led by some of our technical team and some of our more technical community members.
- In December, Kylin Network allocated a small fund to subscribe to a premium community bot account to help our community managers and ambassadors to surmount fake accounts, scammers, and unsolicited messages.
- PolkaAMA is a platform Kylin team created that aims to be the platform to share expertise, advertise and connect the whole family of Polkadot projects and everyone interested in Polkadot.
- Kylin Official Announcement is the official group to issue all Kylin’s official messages. We highly recommend you subscribe to this channel to stay updated with our latest development. (We would like to remind you again that there hasn’t been a TGE yet for KYL. So if you encounter any Smart Contracts/Pools on DEXes like Uniswap labeled as Kylin or KYL they are FAKE! So for your own safety DON’T put any funds into them!)
With the Recruitment Announcement, we have received a lot of feedbacks and been impressed with the talents demonstrated by our audience. Thank you all for the unbelievable support.
Long story short: Screening is ongoing and candidates are flowing in.
About Kylin Network
Kylin Network aims to build a cross-chain platform powering the data economy on Polkadot. It will be the data infrastructure for the future DeFi and Web 3.0 powered by Polkadot. Kylin Network will provide valid, reliable, secure, cost-effective, and easily-coordinated data sources and data analytics.