The Open Source movement was kicked off by a group of researchers and software engineers and enthusiasts in the late 90s after Netscape publicly released their code. Fast forward to today, more than 97% of enterprises around the world utilize the greater advantages fundamental to Open Source software. Anyone with an internet connection can contribute to the Open Source community, spurring on both better security and innovation through network effects. The basic idea behind open source is thematic with the vision of blockchain and crypto: a free, open system on which we can build a fairer and more robust future.
Kylin Network, as a blockchain data infrastructure, aims to build a cross-chain platform powering the data economy on Polkadot. Kylin Network will provide Data Feeding, Data Querying, Data Exchange, and Data Analytics tools for the future of DeFi and Web 3.0 applications.
It represents extensibility and a synergetic increase to the off-chain workers capability as it will provide not only access, management, insights, and coordination to a greater array of data sources, but bolster validity and decentralization of the data sources themselves.
On October 29th, the Kylin Network created by Kylin Labs was officially admitted into the Web3 Grant List and began its development with full force with the first PoC product expected to be rolled out in November of 2020.
On November 20th, Kylin Network launched Red Wings V0.1.0 to publish its codes to the open-source community. For more details, please go to: https://github.com/Kylin-Network
- The chain node of Kylin Network: https://github.com/Kylin-Network/kylin-node
- The substrate pallets for Kylin Node: https://github.com/Kylin-Network/kylin-ocw-module
- The contracts written in Ink! for Kylin Network: https://github.com/Kylin-Network/kylin-contracts
- The wrapped data fetcher written in Rust for Kylin Data Warehouse: https://github.com/Kylin-Network/sample-data-fetcher
- The front end to interact with Kylin Node: https://github.com/Kylin-Network/kylin-front-end
- The website of Kylin Network: https://github.com/Kylin-Network/kylin-web
As planned in the very first alpha version, we have already tried to implement the Kylin Node and several other components as Oracle Module, Data Feeding Module, Ink! Contracts and Data Fetcher for POC.
- Oracle Module and Data Feeding Module are located in kylin-ocw-module.
- The wrapped Data Fetcher written in Rust is located in sample-data-fetcher.
- The Ink! contracts are located in kylin-contracts.
- The Python/NodeJS implementation will be included later.
In honor of the open-source community and in recognition of all the giants that have come before us, Kylin Labs will convert the total number of likes and retweets in the first 24-hour to USDT and donate it to https://opensource.org.
Special thanks to those who contribute to open source communities!
To be continued…
About Kylin Network
Kylin Network aims to build a cross-chain platform powering the data economy on Polkadot. It will be the data infrastructure for the future DeFi and Web 3.0 powered by Polkadot. Kylin Network hopes to provide valid, reliable, secure, cost-effective, and easily-coordinated data sources and data analytics.